GDPR compliance: How Opus 2 LEX can assist you
What is GDPR?
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is the European Union “Regulation” which serves to protect the personal data of anyone in the EU. GDPR builds on the 1995 European Data Protection Directive, which each EU country interpreted into its own data protection laws, e.g. the UK 1998 Data Protection Act.
From May 2016, the GDPR entered into a 2 year transition period, giving organisations time to understand the new regulation and ensure compliance. This means on May 25th 2018, the GDPR will be enforced and must be complied with.
How can LEX help?
Opus 2 LEX Chambers Management is fundamental to the operation and success of many key business processes in Chambers. On that basis, we have taken time to review the principles outlined in the GDPR, and more specifically, how Opus 2 LEX can be used to help Chambers comply with their new regulatory obligations.
In recognition of our responsibilities, both in terms of GDPR and relating to our continued commitment to the introduction of innovative new features for our clients, Opus 2 LEX Version 4.212.01 will include a series of GDPR specific new features and improvements.
A broad outline of the areas of compliance the features will assist with are:
- Data Security
- Enforced strong passwords (FIPS 140-2 Compliant)
- Two Factor Authentication (2FA)
- Secure Single-Sign-On (SAML2 Authentication)
- More system auditing of access to data
- Send to ‘Draft’ email feature, for data review before final send
- Secure cloud-based file sharing, storage, collaboration – built for business
- File sync & secure mobile access to documents, anytime, anywhere
- Client Portals – giving clients secure online portals to access and upload case files
- Secure Communication – Replace unreliable/unsecure email attachments with secure/automated ShareFile document links.
- Secure Communication – Encrypt email messages, not just attachments
- Integration with Office 365 for online previewing/editing of documents
- Collect e-signatures with ShareFile & RightSignature
Subscribe to our insights
Receive our quarterly email newsletter with the latest news, events, and industry insights from Opus 2.
Complete the form to sign up